As season change, so does your skin. Not only do you need to switch up your wardrobe for a new season, you should also take care of your skin condition by switching to new beauty and skincare products that are more temperature appropriate.
The rise in temperature causes every skin type to react differently to different beauty routines, so be sure to find your perfect one by starting off with these few key points in mind.
- Start off each season with a new facial cleanser! Skin usually secretes more oil in the summer as pores open up in the heat. It is highly recommended to find a facial toner with 2% salicylic acid which helps unblock pores and for anti-inflammatory purposes.
- Exfoliate more often to keep pores clear. While some might not agree with exfoliating too much during summer times, I personally find this helpful especially for the pores around the nose area. In hot summer days, oil can easily build up and clog pores especially after spending a long day out at the beach. One way to balance this controversy is to search for a scrub that is combined with a cleanser, this way exfoliation becomes gentler.
- Lighten up your daily moisturizers. As skin is constantly exposed to heat and humidity. I highly recommend you using a lighter water-based moisturizer, like one of our products from the “TCM+ Skincare Set”, it is always better than using an oil-based moisturizer because oil-based moisturizers have the tendency to clog pores which will then lead to unwanted breakouts.
- Choose a more refreshing mask, like “Delegant’s Fruit For Your Skin”, a 24K Gold Hydrogel Mask that is packed with 10 nutritious fruit extracts and active moisturizing essences. It is the perfect hydration power source with high levels of antioxidants and antibacterial properties that helps stimulate cellular growth, leaving skin a radiant, revitalized glow. This mask is your definite go-to summer facial treatment.
- Apply thinner layer of foundation during summer time. I usually opt for a good BB cream (beauty and blemish cream) that provides coverage and controls shine. You may also try to look for products that are multi-functioned, moisturizer + foundation + SPF combined.
- Remember, Remember, and Remember to use SPF all year round, even on cloudy days never underestimate the power of harmful UV rays that are invisible to eyes.
Make small tweaks to your beauty routine & your skin will thank you – Tiffson Co.