This recipe is cooked up for a Game Of Thrones movie night. Sweet and salty at its finest.
Total: 1 hr 45 min
Yield: 8-10 servings
Fried Chicken + Honey + Game Of Thrones = the equation to Heaven!
Two 4-pound chickens, each cut into 10 pieces (2legs, 2 thighs, 4 breast halves and 2 wings)
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3 cups all-purpose flour
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
3 cups buttermilk
Oil, for frying
Honey, for serving
- Mix salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and cayenne in a bowl until combined. Pour flour in another bowl.
- Pour half of the mix into the flour. Whisk to combine the dredge.
- Add the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle the remaining spice blend over it. Mix until all chicken pieces are evening coated.
- Pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Stir to creates a light orange color (when residue spices are blended in with the buttermilk).
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2-8 hours.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil to about 325*F.
- Lift the chicken from the buttermilk, then dredge each piece into the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Fry until golden brown, flipping halfway through. Cook for about 10-12 minutes. Take out of the pan.
- Rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain off.
- Brush honey glaze lightly on each chicken pieces, the SERVE!
To light up this tasty meal, use our Kiwi Manuka Honey for the best taste!
Honey Fried Chicken – Tiffson Co.