For those wanting to naturally sweeten their summer drinks or cocktails, honey can be a great ingredient to use. Depending on what type of honey is being used, it can often add an element of sweetness as well as additional flavor profiles – depending on the type of honey and location it was harvested, it can often add many different delicious flavors to your favorite drinks. Honey has been showing up in a lot of popular cocktails lately – here are some of our favorite summer drink recipes featuring honey!
This summertime cocktail drink is one of the easiest to make, it only consists of 3 main ingredients – honey, lemon juice, and gin. The drink is sweet and refreshing, perfect for hot summer days.
- 50ml Gin (GF recommends Bathtub Gin or Tanqueray No.10)
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 20ml fresh orange juice
Nothing goes better together than apples and honey while this drink is made up of white vermouth, calvados, and honey. This cocktail is also simple to make but is stronger in flavor. It can be served in a martini glass for an elevated presentation for those who’s feeling fancy.
- 2 ounces Calvados
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth (not the same as dry vermouth)
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (To make honey syrup, combine 1 part Honey and 2 parts water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Let cool before using in this recipe.)
Honey Watermelon White Sangria
This cocktail is as simple as it sounds, first mix together honey syrup (Make a simple syrup by mixing the honey and water together and whisking thoroughly until combined), white cranberry juice, and add in some frozen watermelon balls (alternative for ice cubes). Finally, mix all ingredients into a large container of white wine. I promise you will never want to go back to the original recipe after taking a sip of this sensational drink.
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup room temperature water
- 1 bottle dry white wine (such as a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- ½ cup white cranberry juice
- 2 cups freshly scooped watermelon balls
- 2 limes, cut in halves
Try this mind refreshing combination of bourbon, lemon juice and honey syrup((3 parts warm honey, 1 part warm water), it becomes one of the best cooling cocktails even when temperatures are climbing. The honey element helps bring out the spicy notes of the cocktail rather than sweetening it.
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon
- ¾ ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ ounce honey syrup (3 parts warm Honey, 1 part warm water)
Kiwi Manuka Honey features a collection of delicious honey options for you to try in your summer cocktails. If you can’t decide, just drop us a message for a recommendation. Or, if you already know what you want, you can visit our online store to get your order started! Click here.
Make your drinking habits a little healthier with Kiwi Manuka~ Tiffson Co.