I’m guessing majority of you have tried a certain type of detox cleanse before as the juice cleansing trend has gone viral the past two years, but rarely would we think about detoxifying our skin.
The skin is your body’s largest organ and it is one that is constantly in contact with dirty bacteria and pollutants from the harsh environment we live in. These harmful elements can clog up pores and toxins from your daily diet can cause your skin to suffer. Starting a daily or seasonal skin detoxification routine can help brighten skin complexion as well as reduce acne and blemishes. Only a few small changes to your diet and skincare routine can greatly improve the looks and feel of your skin, so, you in?
1. Start a daily routine of brushing a dry natural bristled brush all over your body for at least 3 months, this will help improve skin circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system to release toxins. This technique is also useful for reducing puffiness and cellulite, remove dull and dry skin cells to boost skin regeneration.
-Brush in gently circular motions starting from soles of feet and work your way up to stomach area towards the heart in anti-clockwise direction.
2. Always clean your skin with a detoxifying cleanser after your dry brushing routine. This helps clean away impurities left on your skin, be sure to search for a cleanser that is natural, chemical free, and pH balanced.
3. Soak in a detoxifying bath 2-3 times per week, this helps clear pollutants from the pores of your skin.
-You can use any combination of your choice as long as it contains sea salt, baking soda, and/ or apple cider vinegar.
4. Apply a detoxifying mask 2-3 times per week to get best results.
-Nourish your skin with 10 powerful herb extracts effective for acne prone skin which includes active ingredients like Acetyl Hexapeptide – 8 and Adenosine known to visibly reduce appearance of wrinkles. Delegant’s 24k Gold Herb For Your Skin Hydrogel Mask is supercharged with antioxidants and antibacterial properties that helps stimulate cellular growth allow skin regeneration. The hydrogel mask miraculously improves water retention for long-lasting hydration, leaving your skin blemish-free, firmer, and healthier whilst helping you relax with a swift of lavender scent.
5. Not only do you need to pamper your skin but you also need to incorporate a healthy diet that helps detoxify the insides of your body.
- Cut back on refined sugar, as we all know excessive intake of refined sugar is not healthy to our body. (Try substituting an organic honey with your daily sugar intake, a recommended choice to you is Tiffson Co.’s Kiwi Manuka Honey with certified UMF 5+ to 20+ gradings)
- Choose meat and dairy products wisely. Having a protein rich diet is very important part to detoxification, but beware not to choose products that injects hormones (hormones are often use to treat animals or byproducts). Best pick is to buy organic dairy products!
- Opt for healthier fats such like omega-3 fatty acids which improves skin elasticity, olive oil instead of butter, nuts and seeds for snacking.
- Load yourself with alkaline rich fruits and leafy greens, meaning foods that are high in calcium, potassium, magnesium and whatever keeps our skin, teeth, bones, and hair strong and healthy.
- Drink at least half your body weight of water every day. For example, if you weigh 140 pounds then you should be drinking at least 70 ounces of water per day. Water helps increase your metabolism and flush out unwanted toxins.
Will you give this healthy skin cleanse a try? - Tiffson Co.